"Today we are faced with a challenge that calls for a shift in our thinking, so that humanity stops threatening its life support system. We are called to assist the Earth to heal her wounds and in the process, heal our own."
- Wangari Maathai

Friday, May 28, 2010

Inspiration for exercise

My weight has dropped down to 60.6kgs and this does not make me happy!  I have not been able to exercise for about 4 weeks due to a wicked sinus infection which is causing lung congestion.  I am feeling so depressed about this that I could spit.  I miss running, I miss lifting weights, I miss the wonderful feeling of exhilaration that exercising brings.  More than all that, no exercise means loss of strength, which, just kills me.  Every day I think:  'Today I will be better' but I am not.  It must be hell on earth for people suffering from ill health for long periods of time.  At times like this, I am reminded of the importance of good health and how vital it is to take care of it.   Every aspect of it: environment, diet, exercise.   This means no chemicals/toxins in the environment or food intake.  Keeping things as natural and balanced as possible so as not to overload the body.

Just to get my mind of this depressing subject have a look at the late Marjorie Newlin at:  http://femalemuscle.com/homegrown/marjorie-newlin-86-year-old-female-bodybuilder/
Talk about inspiration for anyone who says they can't exercise!  Marjorie started body building at the age of 72 and competed up until she died at the age of 87 (beating younger women too!).  The fact that she became so strong and stayed strong until she died just proves the wonderful recuperative abilites of the body when it is treated properly.  Most people I know over 80 don't look anything like her, hell, most people I know don't look like her or have her strength.

One day soon I will be able to exercise again....please..?

Diana Elsmere