"Today we are faced with a challenge that calls for a shift in our thinking, so that humanity stops threatening its life support system. We are called to assist the Earth to heal her wounds and in the process, heal our own."
- Wangari Maathai

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This is NOT a hiccup; its rubbish!

This morning I weighed 66.7kg!  That is a lot of weight to put on in one day!  Fortunately, I know that what the scale says is not necessarily true.   I also know that last week I created a deficit (through exercise) of 1110 calories and I have not over-eaten either.  So, what the scale says is RUBBISH. 

I think I need one of those special scales that measures fat and lean body mass - the method of dividing body mass by height to find body fat % is ineffectual.  I just have to learn to understand that I don't always have the right tools or measurements at hand.  All I know is that 3500 calories equals 1lb and as I work up to those calories, the weight will shift.  Anyway, that is the theory and I suppose, like all averages, it will be different for everyone.  Let's see how it works in practice!

Diana Elsmere