"Today we are faced with a challenge that calls for a shift in our thinking, so that humanity stops threatening its life support system. We are called to assist the Earth to heal her wounds and in the process, heal our own."
- Wangari Maathai

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Awakening the body's voice

This morning I weighed in at 65.6kg.  I am not too excited as I am sure that the ups and downs will continue throughout this endeavour.  There are 272 days to go until D-Day, 5 November 2010. 

Another one of those incidental things that has happened on my journey towards better health, is the awakening of my body's voice.  It became apparent for the first time about a month ago when I was suddenly aware of  how extraordinarily good my body felt.  I could feel this tingling and vitality that I had not felt since I was a child.  I was so taken aback by it that I mentioned it to Stuart and he said that it was because I was getting fitter.  This sensation of strength, vigour and wellbeing has become a daily reality for me now.

I no longer have to force myself outside, my body gets me up and going all the time.  There are no more cravings for cakes or chocolates or biscuits.  It is like my body has woken up and has joined the team in project good health! 

The benefits of a healthy lifestyle are the key to everything.  After all, without the body, the mind and the emotions what is there? 

Diana Elsmere