So, at about the same time I started exercising on a regular basis I stopped eating saturated fat. The results were spectacular. Not only did I start waving goodbye to flab, my risk of heart disease decreased.
Here are the main culprits I eliminated from my diet:
- Cakes, pastries, pies, processed meat products (like sausages), biscuits (this includes savoury ones)
- Cheese (only low fat cottage cheese in small quantities allowed)
- Cream in any form including ice-cream
- Butter, lard or ghee
- Sweets including chocolates
- Coconut oil, milk or cream or palm oil
Eating food that is bad for health is just not worth it, in spite of what advertisers have to say. I never believe ads, I always read the the ingredient labels and if the product is not up to speed I don't touch it. We mostly eat fresh food that I prepare myself; this way I know exactly what goes in to the dish. It is also easy to make delicious dishes using low fat substitutes so we don't have to eat gruel to stay healthy!